Your sweet table wouldn’t be complete without butter cookies! Here’s our favourite Christmas Butter Cookies recipe.
|2 ¼ cups||All-purpose flour|
|1 ¼ cup||Butter, softened|
|1 cup||Icing sugar|
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Stir together the flour and the salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Roll and cut out with cookie cutters.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for about 12-15 minutes.
Alternative: Almond Crescents
Add 1 cup (250 g) ground almonds to the dough. Form into 1-inch balls and then shape into crescents. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with icing sugar while still warm.