A Christmas Sweet Table couldn’t be complete without Shortbread! Here’s a classic recipe…it will taste exactly the way your mother or grand-mother made them!
|150 ml||Icing sugar|
|125 ml||Cornstarch or rice flour|
- Cream butter until fluffy. Add sugar gradually and continue beating until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir in cornstarch or rice flour and regular flour.
- Knead a few times until a smooth ball is formed.
- Roll into small balls and flatten with a fork or cookie mold.
- Cut in small fancy shapes with cookie cutters or arrange in a circle on cookie sheet, cut into wedges.
- Bake at 350°F) for about 30 minutes or until very lightly browned.